BE A BOOK DETECTIVE!
Look through a book to gather your own grammar clues. Write the title and author of the book below. Don’t forget to note the page that you found your answer on. Happy hunting!
Book Title: Junior Assessment of Mathematics: Teacher’s Guide (JAM - Draft)
Book Author: MINISTRY OF EDUCATION 2011
- A three-syllable word p.2 What is it? assessment
- A contraction p.14 What is it? it’s
- A compound word p.8 What is it? framework
- A word with a silent e at the end p.9 What is it? time
- A word with a suffix that required doubling the final consonant before adding the suffix p.9 what is it? modelling
- A word with a suffix that required dropping a silent e before adding the suffix p.10 What is it? using
- The longest word in the book p.5 What is it? multiplicative
- A word that includes the letters tion p.11 What is it? addition
- A four-syllable word p.12 What is it? identifying?
- A word that includes a silent letter other than e p.14 What is it? whole
- An adjective p.12 What is it? square
- A word with a prefix p.13 What is it? unable
- A conjunction p.9 What is it? though
- A sentence that includes a simile p.0 What is it? No simile
- Rhyming words What is it? p.2 additive and p.9 indicative
- Synonyms p.2 What is it? geometry and shape
- Antonyms What is it? p.4 partition and combine
- Two examples of proper exclamation point use p.0
- A proper noun p.footer What is it? Ministry of Education
- Three adverbs What is it? p.11 instantly p.5 evenly
- p.7 successfully
- A word in italics p.14 What is it? Which strip is the longest?
- A number written with words p.1 What is it? eight
- Four different pronouns p.3 them, it, p.5 you, p.4 they