Friday 29 March 2013

SOL: 29.3.13





Writing a slice of my life...I'm from
I read a wonderful slice today about "I'm from" and I've used this idea to have a go for myself.



I’m from a coastal town

Swimming at the beach with family

Diving into the ocean

Lying on the beach

Collecting shell fish off the rocks



I’m from the blue house

Playing go home stay home

Racing the neighbourhood kids

Playing on the swings at the park

Mischievous was my first, middle and last name



I’m from the sweetest house

Children’s birthday parties and adults playing cards 

A kowhai tree greeted me before I left and when I returned

Married in the garden

Safe haven from the hospital



I’m from the house that backed onto the park

The ivy covered tree out front

Basketball hoops and rollerblades

Family members gathering in celebration

My children’s childhood home



I’m from the house beneath the mountain

Crispy mornings and bitter winters

A place of prosperity

Walking back in time and a slower pace of life 

A place for only him and I



I’m from the 7th room

Students singing and counting in 2s, 5s and 10s

Guided reading around the working table

Shared writing and attempting to inspire the love of language

Shaper of minds and blessed




No comments:

Post a Comment